Monday, October 17, 2016

Documenting Your Very Merry Christmas!


Hello, Katherine here to show you some Merry and Bright pocket pages! For the past couple of years I have created an album to document the days in December up to and including Christmas - there are loads of ways you can do it, I like to use the 5 by 8 albums as it gives me just the right amount of space to document what happens.

May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright

  It is really good to get ahead of the game with your page layouts, and have the album prepared as much as you can ready for the start of December as it then makes it really easy to just slot in the photos and add the journalling.  This year I am using the beautiful Merry and Bright collection and I also wanted to add a bit more of a mixed media feel to my album and add some paint.

I like to have my first page as an introduction and the Misc Me Journal Contents pack has this beautiful count down sheet in it - I added some gesso, and layers of paper behind the 3D chipboard piece, as well as some muslin and a die cut strip using the elegant die with some double dot paper.

May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright


May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright

For my first page I added white gesso, and then the large Father Christmas from the Noteworthy collection, as well as a couple of the Pocket Squares.  I used the music stamp from the It Is Written stamp collection and used sugar glitter paste behind Father Christmas to add some sparkle.  

Onto the pocket page; the little houses I have used for my day numbers are from the Merry and Bright paper, I  used the white gesso, then the snowflake stencil and some silver glitter paste for the background, then I cut out a snowman from the smallest 2" pocket squares and tucked him behind the house adding a few gems to his buttons.  I decorated the Christmas tree note card with some gems, and added a couple of flags.

May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright

For the 6 by 4" card I again used one of the Misc Me Pocket Squares - and scored 1/4" on the left hand side to create a flap for my photos to hide behind.  I then layered up the 3" squares on one of the Love Squared die cuts - these dies work really well for matting and layering the Misc Me Pocket Squares.  I used the Captured stamp with silver ink on the edge of the 6 by 4" card "Remember This". On this page I normally have some photos of advent calendars, and a a bit of journalling.

May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright

For my second page I added a few embellishments to the journal cards - I cut out the penguin from one of the 2" squares and layered it up.  For the 2nd 3 by 4" card I added some snow in the form of pearlescent drops to my date card, and tucked a pocket square  behind the house, adding some muslin as a snow layer at the bottom of the card.  For the bottom 6 by 4" card I used the dies and a square "On the Nice List" as an embellishment, I'll use a 4" square or 3 by 4" photo here.

On the right hand side I cut the middle out of one of the 4" Misc Me Pocket Squares, added acetate and then  foam tape around the edge, then sprinkled some sequins, beads and punched stars to create a little shaker with a Russian doll on the inside.  For my final 6 by 4 I started with a gesso base, then added a strip from the elegant die - with added pearlescent bling, muslin and silver ribbon, then another Russian doll.  For these early pages, I often just document what is happening, what we are watching, what the season is like and any of the start of Christmas preparations like Christmas cards.


May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright

For this card I used the Cranberry Double Dot as the base, and then dry painted some white gesso on, added my house with a 2" Misc Me Pocket Square card layered behind, a little bit of cotton and muslin and then I painted on the snow with sugar pearlescent.  If you tap the paper (flick it gentle with your finger) you help the pearlescents make a more domed pearl shape, and get rid of any peak.


May your Christmas be Merry Misc Me by Katherine Sutton using BoBunny Merry and Bright

My die cut was initially on white card, so I covered it in silver ink, then added ribbon and a 2" Square card as the focal point on foam pads.  Again I used silver cotton and added a little heart from the Noteworthy collection.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper - Peppermint
Double Dot - Cranberry and Evergreen
Layered Chipboard - Merry and Bright
Stamps - Captured, It is Written
6 x 6 Pad - Merry and Bright
Noteworthy - Merry and Bright
Misc Me Binder - Black 8 by 9
Misc Me Journal Contents - Merry and Bright
Misc Me Pocket Squares - Merry and Bright
Dot Jewels - Ruby Red
Brads - Ruby Red and Citrus
Pearlescents: Sugar
Mists - Sugar
Glitter Paste - Sugar and Silver
Stencil - Winter Delight
Gesso - White
Dies - Elegant and Love Squared

No comments:

Post a Comment